Перейти к содержимому
imperfection

How to improve Contract Wars (like for real, nibba - not some dumb noobs suggestions)

Рекомендуемые сообщения

In december 2017 when Kong Community was still somewhat active (from time to time), I created a thread in which I've asked old players and veterans who left the game, what would have to change in order for them to ga back to Contract Wars. This is summarize of their posts and other issues/ideas I remember from Kong:

-transparant development

-community interaction. All the hackers, bugs, and so on existed, but devs too. They did little but were skilled at keeping people entertained with updates, promos, and other goodies and people felt the game was healthy and fun. Then devs suddenly fled around the time NPAPI doomsday was annonunced, and suddenly people saw that CW and was near. From that point, it's been a derailling train. And with devs not giving a single phac about their own game, hacks became even more rampant, old players grew tired, and new players didn't come.

Also devs must listen to playerbase, not necessarily do what they say, but take them into account to improve the game. This includes solving old nasty bugs, balance issues, erase hackers from game (a working ingame report button could help a lot), posting clear info, etc. Also, prove they exist and care for they customers;

-finish what is started. The code for WC is already there; is it that hard to make a damn tree for the remaining guns? Especially OP DT MDR, Vityaz, Gsh, AN-94 (so many people are saying that).

Even more, add new attachments (mag, trigger mech, ammo, etc.) so we can also alter mag cap, firerate, pen, etc. More important; release CW on the web again to attract new players.

Even shorter: apply some common sense. You are letting a successful product die out of abandonment.

-continuous rebalancing of stats (buff orsis, ak105 and m4a1 back to preWC days, etc. buff gunsmith skilltree, nerf DT MDR, Vityaz, add slight delay between bursts to AN-94)

-rework on skilltrees (no detection available or nerf - yes, some people will be apset, but this is driving new players away; change Additional Pistol Magazines from rent skill to SP skill)

-killcam (cs style)

-more servers across the globe, servers rebalance (there is no need for that many super low lvl servers)

-more competitions / offers / etc, add contracts for camos, change rewards for achievements (camos/special honers/icons for avatar)

-new weapons (for example a new GP LMG for tier 5-6)

-new map (maps are one of the greatest part of the CW in my opinion - imperfection); stop banning for trivial things like tree climbing - it's nothing gamebreaking

-shutdown of the entire browserversion-DONE! Great job!

-significantly lower EXP for meta levels. It had great potential but turned out to be nothing more than a cheap cash grab, and it even introduced P2W imbalances into hardcore. Not to mention that non-custom guns suddenly became OP. Who was even using MDR before custom?

-introduce SP limit. A couple of "dream roulette" events over the last year or so allowed paying players to amass ridiculous amounts of SP, meaning they are now able to exploit literally ALL of the game's unbalanced mechanics, instead of just one or two. Couple that with penetration and armor rents and they are unstoppable. Plus, the percentage of SP whales and renters went up sharply when the servers were combined.
If normal mode is ever going to become playable again, this game will need an SP limit.

-fix the code - LAG, framerate drops, freezes, hit detection and registration, rubberbanding, synchronization issues. The client was pretty smooth and ran better than browsers when it first came out, now there is no difference.

-gameplay balancing. CW relies on imbalance - spawn mechanic, team switching, team balance (for example 6 USEC vs 1 BEAR). How about auto team pick, and team rebalancing like in TDS if there is 2 players difference between teams? Of course we all know CW relies on imbalance (how else do you make a storm, even less a pro or legendary), but it's crazy right now. Contracts, prokill wtasks, skills, etc. should be nerfed or changed so anyone can do them either with skill or time (instead of 1 pro, make 5 storms; instead of 24h, 48h, etc.). That would remove pressure for stacking and abusing broken/unfair mechanics.

-And lastly, hackers. Prevent injecing .dll files to client, make reporting process more transparent, add more in-game mods, let community choose them, or create a thread for reporting / assign person to gather reports.

With little to no hope of reaching it's destination, I direct this post to the game Developers.

Those are most vital things, that need to be done. Nostalgia and patriotism can't keep this game alive forever. So please, read it and think about it. Despite toxicity, being jerks and making fun of you, we really want to help, and many of us still care for Contract Wars.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Поделиться сообщением

I agree with the 'Transparent development' part. They do something like a development roadmap so the community actually knows  what exactly is added/removed/buffed/nerfed, or changed.

Damn, hackers. I can't even enjoy a single darn game with hackers? I mean, the starting screen literally shows 'Saberclaw anti-cheat'. Intimidating name huh? Well guess what, hackers still manage to f*cking ruin pubs and lobbs. 

Adding more weapon attachments is a great  idea. Some people just wanna pimp up their guns.

On 27/03/2018 at 9:11 PM, imperfection said:

buff orsis, ak105 and m4a1 back to preWC days

OMG YES. PLEASE BUFF THE M4A1. IT'S SO SH!T IN CW CLIENT TF.

I wouldn't want killcams to be added though. Just got a gut feeling that people are gonna abuse it.

Adding new maps and guns. Of course.

Fix the hitreg first before anything else -_-

On 27/03/2018 at 9:11 PM, imperfection said:

And lastly, hackers. Prevent injecing .dll files to client, make reporting process more transparent, add more in-game mods, let community choose them, or create a thread for reporting / assign person to gather reports.

CW SHOULD HIRE BETTER PROGRAMMERS TF 

Поделиться сообщением

On 3/28/2018 at 5:42 PM, Col_Trautman said:

Add more US HC Bay 5 servers. There are plenty of laggy MSK  HC servers.... We need more server diversity.

Servers are allocated depending on the player base location, etc. And this is being monitored actively. Thank you for the feedback though. 

Поделиться сообщением

В 27.03.2018 в 16:11, imperfection сказал:

-finish what is started. The code for WC is already there; is it that hard to make a damn tree for the remaining guns? Especially OP DT MDR, Vityaz, Gsh, AN-94 (so many people are saying that).

please dont touch GSH-18 with that custom things.

Поделиться сообщением

If you don't want to work on netcode, hitboxes, hit registration and lag, please, at least remove this stupid bowing animation.

• Like 1

Поделиться сообщением

The w-tasks are in the russian language for me (i think i am not the only player experiencing this problem) and i suggest to add a russian to english translator and even i have checked my language in the settings tab (it is in english). so by adding the russian to english translator there may be a chance to complete the wtasks quicker than usual (if they are motivating , i mean easy).

Поделиться сообщением

20 минут назад, CW1155828 сказал:

The w-tasks are in the russian language for me

it is not improvement, it is bug, which appeared in client,
so fixing this is not improvement, it is repaorong of game.

• Like 1

Поделиться сообщением

CW1160247  CW1155828

I don't want to sound rude, but this topic clearly states in it's title: like for real, nibba - not some dumb noobs suggestions.

So stop making dumb noob suggestions, ok? From now on I will report any off-topic (or stupid) post. Please, keep this thread serious.

Ok,

another thing, that could improve CW with just a little amount of work:

contractwarsclient.ini file, that we could edit to customize things, like mouse sensitivity, light, textures, resolution, fov etc. I still can't set sensitivity to my exact value and I bet a lot of people would like to tweak settings to gain some fps, upgrading game performance during recordings/streams, changing crosshair or whatsoever.

I don't mean everything should be tweakable (foliage for example), but some basic stuff.

On 14.04.2018 at 5:40 PM, FluffyBastard said:

I can't understand 90% of insults from other players

Isn't that a good thing;)?

Поделиться сообщением

On 15.4.2018 at 7:33 PM, imperfection said:

another thing, that could improve CW with just a little amount of work:

contractwarsclient.ini file, that we could edit to customize things, like mouse sensitivity, light, textures, resolution, fov etc. I still can't set sensitivity to my exact value and I bet a lot of people would like to tweak settings to gain some fps, upgrading game performance during recordings/streams, changing crosshair or whatsoever.

I don't mean everything should be tweakable (foliage for example), but some basic stuff.

Most of these things (if not all) are stored server side, so you'll have the same settings when playing from different PCs with the same account - not at the same time, of course :)

There is a branch in Windows Registry (forgot the exact location, though) where some basic settings of the client are stored, but nothing game relevant, except, IIRC the fullscreen-setting.

Поделиться сообщением

On 15.04.2018 at 7:33 PM, imperfection said:
On 14.04.2018 at 5:40 PM, FluffyBastard said:

I can't understand 90% of insults from other players.

Nah, that's the only thing that keeps me here and makes me giggle. giphy.gif.af1802177dde8165ca773d44572ca2bb.gif

Поделиться сообщением

4 hours ago, FluffyBastard said:

Nah, that's the only thing that keeps me here and makes me giggle.

You are the most evil saiga noob in whole Contract Wars:)

• Like 1

Поделиться сообщением

I'm surprised to see that most of the 2nd paragraph, despite the lack of credit, is a quote of my words at Kong (OP, I think I know who you are!).:ph34r: My advice towards game improvement, from coarse to fine detail:

General view

1. Players must feel the game subtly changes, evolves, it's alive. A static game is a dead one.
  2. Devs not only have to exist, players must believe they exist and are active.

It's simple really; an online game requires new players to come and old players to stay, so you have to attract the first and challenge the latter for it to exist an thrieve.

Medium view

For 1), fix old nasty bugs, redistribute servers, add WC to remaining guns, ease wtasks and contracts, expand WC and rework guns killed by WC, add a new set (¿?), etc. For 2), adding changelogs, upcoming events, polls for new WC or quick contests with GP/cammo rewards, game info... will let us know they exist and care about their users.

Fine view

At this stage I think going into finer detail is irrelevant, but to name a couple of things; repair all button, save server preferences, add metalevel progress bar on hud, option to add notifications on HC (play HC with normal visuals), add new guns, save multiple accounts on login, discounts for gun perming, special events or servers (same random gun and map for all, for example), etc

After that, we can start discussing zombie mode and zapp guns.

Изменено пользователем Saturn5
  • Upvote 1

Поделиться сообщением

Yes, I'm opltw09it09w.

I edited, rearranged and merged pretty much most posts from that thread, to give those collective suggestions clean look and consistency. I credited you guys as a Kong Community/veterans to make it simple. That's the only reason. I'm sorry for not credited you properly.

I guess I should've add a link to the original topic at least...

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/2522-general/topics/955817-question-for-cw-veterans-who-left-the-game-so-whos-still-around-spin-off

Credits:

oOZe, Saturn5, sw2012, JedanN, vitalykolobkov, opltw09it09w

Поделиться сообщением

No worries, I was just being a sarcastic, egoistic nerd. :D I can only hope this thread finds some use and we begin to see changes. Having WC for spec guns, devgru, gsh18 and a94 would be awesome. BTW, I'll pm you later about what to do with ~115 SP

Поделиться сообщением

On 1.04.2018 at 9:53 PM, Martin Jacob said:
On 29.03.2018 at 12:42 AM, Col_Trautman said:

Add more US HC Bay 5 servers. There are plenty of laggy MSK  HC servers.... We need more server diversity.

Servers are allocated depending on the player base location, etc. And this is being monitored actively. Thank you for the feedback though.

True, there is some kind of a servers rotation yet it need some fixes. Sometimes there is no EU or TUR servers: 

3.png.ff29fc5874162cdc2115cf36d08775bd.png

4.png.bc48739c2658a3214d99290f3cdc72ee.png

So people have to play like this:

5.png.37c9d7c51c936bc8e95bbece79bf206b.png

Поделиться сообщением

What about re-balancing Guaranteed Detection so that it still keeps the detection when someone shoots, but not from sonar? 

Look at it like this: 

example 1:

Person 1: How did you die?

Person 2: He detected me, I was shooting too much and they had GD which made them able to locate me when I was shooting.

example 2:

Person 1: How did you die?

Person 2: You know, I existed somewhere, so obviously they saw me through walls. 

I would say you can keep the GD skill and make it be able to detect gunshots, but punish people for shooting, not existing.

Also I would like to add that I'm fine with keeping GD work with Advanced Heading(Silent Shots Detected), and having sileced shots be visilble with GD, but I think it is a bit broken when someone can see everyone who is within the range of a sonar. This change will also make the difference between high sp and normal/low sp less game-breaking.

Поделиться сообщением

20 minutes ago, ADX DeNeRlX said:

What about re-balancing Guaranteed Detection so that it still keeps the detection when someone shoots, but not from sonar?

Nah, this-is-fine.0.jpg.c960e415d0624bbb877e2dd73a645d7f.jpg

Поделиться сообщением

^

Gameplay experience > Realism

Also some contracts should be nerfed. Like Gold 37 - 80 Longshots in TDS on lvl 35+ lvl players. That would be cool and all if people actually played TDS. You have to either invite your friends with Discord (if you are doing this only for completing the contract, why bother with match, if you can just farm this?), join losing team on Terminal and hope for 1-2 kills per round, join winning team on Terminal, and basically hope for the same, or wait forever on OSM for enough people. Same goes for other contracts:

-notorious Gold 13 (60 doublekills with sniper rifles) is too hard for most noobs

-Gold 14 (9000 exp in TDS) isn't any better, unless you buy 3xEXP booster

-Gold 17 (100 kills in TDS) as most TDS contracts is another annoying chore

-Gold 42 (10 double kills with granades) without at least two granades is annoying and it takes hours

You realised forcing players to do tiring tasks is bad idea, and you went different road with Hired Ops. I think contracts are neat concept, and I loved doing most of them. Even challenging ones. But only if they were fun, like Stormkill with knife on TE.

Also those rewards... Few thousand CR? Camos, dudes! Colour nicknames! Special honours! Rentable Skills like Fort Rosich for a day or two! More SP to counter P2W SP whales.

Поделиться сообщением

Пожалуйста, войдите для комментирования

Вы сможете оставить комментарий после входа

Войти сейчас

987d824da51d5b1061ceafa54b3db29b