Перейти к содержимому
imperfection

How to improve Contract Wars (like for real, nibba - not some dumb noobs suggestions)

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Guys, this is a serious discussion here and i would like you all to pay attention to this.

I recently did some research on Suppressors/Silencers and watched a few documentaries of people using them, and comparing realism to Contract Wars I'd say we're doing pretty good except one factor.

Now when we use Suppressors/Silencers there are only 4 major factors we consider :

1. Accuracy

2. Recoil

3. Range

4. Damage

Now when it comes to accuracy, Suppressors/Silencers significantly aid it and thats what happens in the game too and so its all good.

Even recoil gets reduced by Silencers/Suppressors due to extra weight on the front of the gun. So thats Ok.

When it comes to Range, it is also increased due to the extra length the bullet has to travel before leaving the barrel. And we know that range is increased when we use Silencers/Suppressors in CW.

But, one thing the developers have got it wrong is the damage. Now i will explain this scientifically so that argument doesn't lead to nonsense.

When we talk about Damage, there are two factors affecting it, the shape of the bullet and energy delivered by it. When it comes to video games, we're generally talking about the energy delivered by the bullet. Now the energy delivered the projectiles depends on its Mass and Velocity. Since a Suppressor/Silencer does not affect the mass of the bullet we will take it out of the equation, but, a Silencer/Suppressor DOES affect the velocity of the bullet, not greatly, but marginally, BY INCREASING IT. Which clearly means that a Silencer/Suppressor WILL NOT AFFECT THE ENERGY OUTPUT OF A BULLET. In terms of Contract Wars, there should be no damage loss caused by Silencers/Suppressors by default. And also this would mean that the skill present in the Gunsmith tree related to damage loss by silencers should be removed too. 

Please make an effort to understand this and let the developers know about this too.

Thank You.

Изменено пользователем ParaMexer

Поделиться сообщением

1 hour ago, ParaMexer said:

Guys, this is a serious discussion here and i would like you all to pay attention to this.

I recently did some research on Suppressors/Silencers and watched a few documentaries of people using them, and comparing realism to Contract Wars I'd say we're doing pretty good except one factor.

Now when we use Suppressors/Silencers there are only 4 major factors we consider :

1. Accuracy

2. Recoil

3. Range

4. Damage

Now when it comes to accuracy, Suppressors/Silencers significantly aid it and thats what happens in the game too and so its all good.

Even recoil gets reduced by Silencers/Suppressors due to extra weight on the front of the gun. So thats Ok.

When it comes to Range, it is also increased due to the extra length the bullet has to travel before leaving the barrel. And we know that range is increased when we use Silencers/Suppressors in CW.

But, one thing the developers have got it wrong is the damage. Now i will explain this scientifically so that argument doesn't lead to nonsense.

When we talk about Damage, there are two factors affecting it, the shape of the bullet and energy delivered by it. When it comes to video games, we're generally talking about the energy delivered by the bullet. Now the energy delivered the projectiles depends on its Mass and Velocity. Since a Suppressor/Silencer does not affect the mass of the bullet we will take it out of the equation, but, a Silencer/Suppressor DOES affect the velocity of the bullet, not greatly, but marginally, BY INCREASING IT. Which clearly means that a Silencer/Suppressor WILL NOT AFFECT THE ENERGY OUTPUT OF A BULLET. In terms of Contract Wars, there should be no damage loss caused by Silencers/Suppressors by default. And also this would mean that the skill present in the Gunsmith tree related to damage loss by silencers should be removed too. 

Please make an effort to understand this and let the developers know about this too.

Thank You.

Guys i also noticed that the range is being decreased too when equiping silencers, i think CW needs to improve on this

Поделиться сообщением

4 часа назад, ParaMexer сказал:

Guys i also noticed that the range is being decreased too when equiping silencers, i think CW needs to improve on this

suppressors reduce the velocity.

to make it silent it needs to go slower.

and the way suppressors work , i can't explain it very well in English xD 

Поделиться сообщением

7 hours ago, ParaMexer said:

"Realism" "removing gunsmith skills"

How this is supposed to improve CW?

Unrealism of silencers is not even a little bit important. Desynchronization causing hits not registering, being killed behind cover, extreme low/high ping players having collosal advantage is. Vulnerable to hacks Client is. Ridiculously big disbalance between f2p, players spending few bucks now and then, and p2w SP gargantuas is.

Even stupid bugs like shotguns mobility isn't important. WC for OP guns was a good step towards balancing the game, but if you think about it, it didn't change the status quo. DT MDR is OP, Vityaz is OP, Abakan with macro is OP etc.

AND it didn't fix anything I mentioned before in first post in this thread. What we've on Kong mentioned countless times. Apart from adding WC and kind of nerfing OP weapons.

Поделиться сообщением

On 28.03.2018 at 4:46 PM, FlyingCow said:

SP damage is unfixable

Reworking the skilltrees could bring some balance. Right now CW's class system looks like this:

proxy.thumb.png.50988d6de7558a4c984b26299a0be548.png

My idea is to make skills more approachable, easier to obtain, and sort of cheaper for the lower class, but leaving SP whales with advantage, which would fixed SP damage without hurting anyone. Also this would allow for more diverse builds.

Here is an example:

2.png.998d47fe78e584d6ad5c1b562cc1590a.png

SP requierements for skill could mostly stay like in vanilla.

You can say: oh no, but there will be even more peoiple with detection!!:(((

Counter it with silent movement, your det skills, and your real life fps abilities.

Now it's all about using game mechanics, abusing flaws and spinning dat roulette. Skills doesn't matter. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Поделиться сообщением

17 hours ago, MegaBitas said:

suppressors reduce the velocity.

to make it silent it needs to go slower.

and the way suppressors work , i can't explain it very well in English xD 

Fine, but they don't decrease the range also, whereas that is happening in CW 

Поделиться сообщением

12 hours ago, imperfection said:

Reworking the skilltrees could bring some balance. Right now CW's class system looks like this:

proxy.thumb.png.50988d6de7558a4c984b26299a0be548.png

My idea is to make skills more approachable, easier to obtain, and sort of cheaper for the lower class, but leaving SP whales with advantage, which would fixed SP damage without hurting anyone. Also this would allow for more diverse builds.

Here is an example:

2.png.998d47fe78e584d6ad5c1b562cc1590a.png

SP requierements for skill could mostly stay like in vanilla.

Counter it with silent movement, your det skills, and your real life fps abilities.

Now it's all about using game mechanics, abusing flaws and spinning dat roulette. Skills doesn't matter. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Well, i've come across a lot of hackers or players with extreme stats, but if you're a Hardcore player you'll realise that you dont need skills, they're only helpful up until you reach the Hardcore level, after that normal mode doesnt really work

Поделиться сообщением

On 5/16/2018 at 1:06 PM, imperfection said:

Also AbsolutSoft wont really fix the game now in my opinion cuz they already have hired Ops and Escape from Tarkov

Поделиться сообщением

7 часов назад, ParaMexer сказал:

they do reduce range, cause bullets must go slower to be silent. 

Изменено пользователем MegaBitas

Поделиться сообщением

Well, i've come across a lot of hackers or players with extreme stats, but if you're a Hardcore player you'll realise that you dont need skills, they're only helpful up until you reach the Hardcore level, after that normal mode doesnt really work

You don't need to quote full posts everytime. I hope @Martin Jacob will edit that.

I am not a Hardcore player, because this mode sucks in my opinion. Weapons are less accurate, hip firing is less accurate, you are slower, granades mess up your mouse sensitivity, you don't have a cross-hair. It's ADS mode basically. Whoever mastered better CW's ADS sensitivity will win. Even reaction time isn't that much important, because of bigger recoil and spread.

I don't want to mess my muscle memory, and I don't want to be frustrated, when I aimed perfectly, shot first, but because of inaccurate gun and bad luck got killed. Already half of my HS on Normal doesn't count, so I don't need that stuff.

In other words, I shouldn't be forced to play HC. It's not how it should work.

Normal mode could use some reworking. My point was: there IS a way to fix SP damage.

About realism and real life:

-if I hit your head from 51 m with 9 mm round shot from PM, would you be able to shoot back, or would I killed you/caused severe brain damage?

-does bullets lost their speed and impact power after few houndreds meters?

-if you shot someone in the head from close range and you even see a blood splash, can this person shoot you and walk away like nothing ever happened?

-can you see icons representing enemies irl?

Come on, cut it of with this realism. Fun>>>>>>>>>>Realism. Sadly devs may not understand that.

Also AbsolutSoft wont really fix the game now in my opinion cuz they already have hired Ops and Escape from Tarkov

EFT is developed supposedly by different people.

Absolutsoft got new game called Hired Ops, true.

BUT...

...it's the CW, which pays for their bills. If HO die, well, tough luck. But if people leave CW, devs will be in serious trouble. Patriotism and nostalgia can keep people only for so long.

This forum, new update, those are things, that bring some hope. But it's not enough. Real problems are untouched for years now.

1. Netcode, hit detection and registration, stability, synchronisation, all that stuff. It's online FPS game, those are the most important things to fix. Nothing even gets close.

2. Hackers. I've met two blatant ones today, and one yestarday. On 30-59 servers. On 60-70 I don't even know. What is sad, few top CW hackers even showed simple solutions, how to make CW harder to hack. Anyone from Absolutsoft cared? Nope.

3. Balance. If you played CW, you know. There is no need to explain.

4. New content. Like WC, maps, weapons etc.

99. Realism.

Поделиться сообщением

Пожалуйста, войдите для комментирования

Вы сможете оставить комментарий после входа

Войти сейчас