Перейти к содержимому
Saturn5

Spec guns - Which ones and why?

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Hi all,

I have a few spare resources and I'm considering getting 1-2 of them, preferably with WC implemented (less likely to get annoying stat changes, plus you can grind them). I've tried them all (except PKP & UZI) before WC hit them, so I would like to have some actual, recent feedback before wasting GP on them. AFAIK:

• TT: probably the best semi sidegun in the game, but gsh works virtually as well and costs a few GP. I don't see a reason to go for it unless you need the silencer (and if gsh gets WC it will probably get one).
  • Uzi: rarely seen, so it must be pretty average. Most people compare it to glock18 (which has WC and is cheaper), so doesn't look too attractive.
  • As Val mod3: used to rock, now base stats must suck (gun had best attachments by default) and VR be a bit too high to explain why it was omnipresent and now its seldom seen.
  • Saiga FA: very, very fun gun. Loud and obnoxious, deadly if you know how to use it (most noobs just wave it like a flashlight till they run out of ammo), I'd go for it as a 3rd gun. WC shouldn't change it much; if anything, it would improve it. Also, it tends to annoy the hell of people, which is a plus.
  • MP5 spec: best mp5 in the game, and dead silent, but still suffers the mp5 syndrome: unless you hit heads, it just tickles the enemy. WC should improve it, but still is too average to be worth the cost.
  • Vityaz: was a beast before, should be a hairy beast with pointy horns now from what I've seen. Great metatree, great stats, double mag... No wonder it's all around these days.
  • Vikhlop: months ago, you had the choice of Vikhlop if you liked a silent but cumbersome cannon to camp and pick enemies far away, or orsis if you were aggressive and moved a lot. With orsis gone, vikhlop should be the undisputable BA sniper king (which is not much to say, as any carbine outguns it). Would like to see its metatree (couldn't find it), but still a niche gun for hardcore snipers. Which I'm not.
  • PKP: stat-wise, it's a beast. A ducking sentry turret. Miles ahead from the next LMG, CR or GP (if there was a T6 GP LMG, maybe). Would love to try it with WC.

I mostly play HC, though I enter normal mode every once in a while. PKP & Vity appeal to me the most; both have great stats, both stand out from other guns (PKP the most), Vity already has WC (and PKP should work better with it)... But it would be nice to hear some feedback about them before ditching a shitload of GP and SP.

Feel free to comment and correct me!

Изменено пользователем Saturn5

Поделиться сообщением

GSH is better than TT.

Even if you are going for bodyshots. The reason is reticle sway while hip firing.

PM has almost no sway. Crosshair stays on target all the time. It's the best pistol in the game (or rather it would be if hit detection wasn't s h i t).

TT is very accurate, very powerfull, looks cool and sounds cool but crosshair jumps after every shot despite only ~20 recoil.

GSH has similar recoil (~15) but noticable smaller sway. And it has bigger clip. Lack of silencer could be an issue on normal >60 servers, but not in HC.

Поделиться сообщением

I was expecting your answer, but not that ode to gsh. :D Yup, I said it many times; it's the best allround sidegun and WC can only make it better (fingers crossed).

What about the other guns, though? It's hard to decide how they work and if the shitload of SP and GP is worth it. I couldn't even find metas or videos for newer WCed spec guns.

Поделиться сообщением

I never used any other SPEC gun apart from TT, so I don't know.

Although from what I saw on normal mode, UZI should be better than Glock. It should outclass it even... And PKP needs certain aproach. I'd use slow movement to precisely peek through cover and defend corners. Fighting head on isn't good idea in my opinion.

I'd go for TT+Vityaz for DM and UZI+Pecheng for TE.

rant time

MP5 spec would be great weapon if not for this hit registration. I've played CW yesterday first time after 3 weeks hiatus and man did I lost my cool... But it's so f bul l s h i t when you headshot people and still getting killed by them. Especially when it's butthurted blatant hacker ridiculing you. Jesus.

Поделиться сообщением

Well, it seems I can now get both Vity and PKP. I'm retained to do so by 2 factors:

1) Skilltree: not the best now, and will probably be idiotic if I get both guns. But I guess it's just a matter of accepting it, since I play HC mostly (and would probably need a shitton of SP to be decent in normal either).

2) Alternatives: I'm curious about mod3, saiga and vykhlop. Dunno how they fare /will do with WC, but I guess they're pretty average since they're seldom seen now. (BTW; if anyone can post the metatree for vykhlop it would be awesome).

PS: imperfection, mp5 spec wouldn't be great no matter how; is a fun but impractical gun. It tends to waste ammo easily (hi FR) and needs HS to be effective (low dmg). Yes,  with proper hitreg and a stealh flanking play it could be a beast, but then you've got plenty of other options too (HK417, MDRC, for example).

Поделиться сообщением

You should totally go for Vityaz. Somehow 95/3 Vity felt more accurate than 100/1 ACR. It's ridiculous. Maybe hit reg is better with this gun, idk.

1) Forget normal if you are above 59 lvl. Unless you like being killed by less skilled opponents with too much money or lucky enough to have 20-40 ping. I'm not salty or butthurted. It exactly how it is now.

CW Pros will detect you right after you spawn and pre-aim while standing on top of a container in the open, because they are bullet sponges and they don't care. Or prokill you through the wall. And after match they will jerk each other in Russian. It's not very fun nor pleasant.

re: PS: You know what, you're right. I shouldn't preach how certain guns are great because they would suit me. There are a lot of different playstyles and assuming mine is best is repulsively egotistic. That being seid, I believe objectively you should unlock: Vityaz, UZI, PKP, Vikhlop and Saiga FA in this order. Vityaz... You simply won't regret getting it. UZI may be the best sidegun. I sometimes see people only with this gun, doing weirdly good on top servers. PKP is a monster. I've heard Vikhlop is great, but yeah, it's rarely seen. And last but not least. Saiga is fun, but it's also cancer, and people will insult you in chat, so beware of that. That's what I've gathered from my experience and YT.

Поделиться сообщением

So I just remade my tree, got PKP and Vity. Basically, they work as I expected them:

Vity: very agile in every way, quite powerful, very nice metatree... certainly a great gun. Feels like a top AR..

PKP: so much fun to play with, hoping WC reaches it because it can only improve. Feels like a walking sentry gun; cumbersome and slow (still have to get used to that), but extremely accurate and deadly. Mows vips like butter.

I'm thinking about the next one. Saiga? Mod3? Vikhlop? :D

Поделиться сообщением

The event granted some GP, so I went the assault route and here's a quick update:

• Vity: still didn't reach kemper (using comp4 right now), but I can already tell it's a top gun. Just what I said, but now it's even easier to use. Fast, comfortable, fun.. win win!
  • PKP: wtask is... meh. You trade mob (the few you have left) for an average magnification and a shaky screen. But I still have faith that, with WC, you could turn it into a FA sniper (with a scope) or just clean maps with silencer+kemper. As I said, this guns feels more powerful than any other, but you must get used to it's bulkiness to be competitive.
  • Mod3: my fears were confirmed. Yes, it's a very good AR, it's fun to use and it sounds sorta like sr3m (a plus for me). But that's it. It's not a top AR (a spec gun should be IMHO). WC is irrelevant on it (no muzzles and no real improvement besides kemper) and it's way too shaky; lacks refiniment. I have the feeling it's a tier 4-5 gun. They should buff pen, accu and even dmg, and above all make recoil minimal to take it back to where it belongs. It should be mod3>sa58>mdr, not the other way around.
  • Saiga FA: after unending and unnecesary nerfs cried for by abusive noveske users (newbies never knew those times), it lacks killing power. Yeah, a lot of boom boom, but good luck downing someone in evac hangar from side to side; way too much dmg drop and spread to be effective, rendering this gun useless beyond cqb and anything except flanking like map and clearing spawns. Still, it's so damn fun.... wtask seems useles like all slug ammo (not unlocked yet), but who knows, maybe with WC, flechette ammo and kemper it gets a subtle improvement.

As for the next gun, it will take a while. Vikhlop, if I ever get the remaining SP and some extra GP. In other case, mp5spec (just for the achievement)...

Поделиться сообщением

I just remembered something about Saiga FA... Literally every time I was fighting FA guy head on with PM none of my headshots connected when he was shooting. It was always like *headsot* *headsot* *I take damage* *headshot* *I'm dead* *anger intensifies*. Maybe it was poo t y desynch or bug, but maybe it's a hidden feature? Weird.

Поделиться сообщением

Пожалуйста, войдите для комментирования

Вы сможете оставить комментарий после входа

Войти сейчас

987d824da51d5b1061ceafa54b3db29b